Charles B. Covert, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Covert is a Baylor College of Medicine trained native Texan and US Air Force veteran who has a general private psychiatric practice in southwest Houston. He provides individual and group psychotherapy, workers’ compensation and drug and alcohol abuse counseling. He also does evaluations in PTSD, closed head injuries, chronic pain and other personal injury cases including Texas, federal and out-of-state workers’ compensation, child custody matters, child and adult ADHD and learning disorders. He is or has been a consultant to Houston ISD, Harris County Criminal District Courts, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District, and the U.S. Justice Department. He has been disability examiner for the Railroad Retirement Board, for the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, and health insurance companies for many years. He also does employment screening for local law enforcement agencies, as well as computerized psychological, educational and vocational testing.
Undergraduate & Medical Education
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas, academic scholarship, BA in political science.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, G.I. Bill and multiple academic scholarships, M.D.
- Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Arkansas State Hospital – University of Arkansas School of Medicine – Affiliated
- Psychiatric Residency Training Program, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Law Enforcement License
- Texas, 1985
- Master Texas Peace Officer, 2005
- USAF, active and reserve