Charles B. Covert, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Covert is a Baylor College of Medicine trained native Texan and US Air Force veteran who has a general private psychiatric practice in southwest Houston. He provides individual and group psychotherapy and treatment for workers’ compensation injuries. He also does evaluations in PTSD, closed head injuries and chronic pain including Texas, federal and out-of-state workers’ compensation, and adult ADHD. He is or has been a consultant to Houston ISD, Harris County Criminal District Courts, the US Attorney’s Office, Southern District, and the US Justice Department. He has been disability examiner for the Railroad Retirement Board and for the Texas Workforce Solutions for many years. He also does employment screening for local law enforcement agencies, as well as computerized psychological, educational, and vocational testing.
Undergraduate & Medical Education
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas, academic scholarship, BA in political science.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, G.I. Bill and multiple academic scholarships, M.D.
- Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Arkansas State Hospital – University of Arkansas School of Medicine – Affiliated
- Psychiatric Residency Training Program, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Law Enforcement License
- Texas, 1985
- Master Texas Peace Officer, 2005
- USAF, active and reserve