Charles B. Covert, M.D. Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Covert is a Baylor College of Medicine trained native Texan and US Air Force veteran who has a general private psychiatric practice in southwest Houston. He provides individual and group psychotherapy, workers’ compensation and drug and alcohol abuse counseling. He also does evaluations in PTSD, closed head injuries, chronic pain and other personal injury cases including Texas, Federal and out-of-state workers’ compensation, child custody matters, child and adult ADHD and learning disorders. He is or has been a consultant to Houston ISD, Harris County Criminal District Courts, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District, and the U.S. Justice Department. He has been disability examiner for the Railroad Retirement Board, for the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, and health insurance companies for many years. He also does employment screening for local law enforcement agencies, as well as computerized psychological, educational and vocational testing.
- Harris County Mental Health Association
- Past member of Houston Symphony Board of Advisors
- Past member of two Texas Commissions on Law Enforcement Standards and Education committees
- Life Member, Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
Undergraduate & Medical Education
- Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas, academic scholarship, BA in political science.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, G.I. Bill and multiple academic scholarships, M.D.
- Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Arkansas State Hospital – University of Arkansas School of Medicine – Affiliated Psychiatric Residency Training Program, Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
State Medical Licenses
Professional Medical/Specialty Organizations
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
Law Enforcement License
- Texas, 1985
- Master Texas Peace Officer, 2005
- USAF, active and reserve
Charles B. Covert, M.D.
800 Bering Drive, Suite 305
Houston, Texas 77057
(713) 975-1975 tel
(713) 975-1414 fax