Charles B. Covert, M.D.
A graduate of Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Dr. Covert is certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and stays current with continuing medical and psychiatric education courses. Dr. Covert feels it is his privilege to take good care of his adult and adolescent patients in the Houston, Texas area!
Dr. Covert has the credentials, experience, credibility, communication skills and professionalism to assist you and your clients.
Dr. Covert’s forensic psychiatric education began with attending the University of Southern California Medical School Institute of Psychiatry and Law.
He has done jury analyses and performed as the psychiatric consultant to three Harris County Criminal District Court Judges. Having worked for the U.S. Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney, Southern District, he is an expert on issues of criminal responsibility and competency to stand trial. His experience includes having become a certified Texas peace officer and having worked as an expert for several criminal defense lawyers.
In the civil courts, Dr. Covert has worked as an expert for several large Houston lawfirms, including Fulbright & Jaworski (now Norton Rose) and Baker Botts. He has also provided services to many well-known plaintiff lawyers and their clients, including Joe Jamail and John O’Quinn. Some of his noteworthy cases have included defense of hospital medical malpractice cases, plant explosions and child care seat manufacturers.
Expert Witness for:
- U.S. Justice Department
- Family Law Courts: Harris, Montgomery, Fort Bend and Brazoria Counties
- Probate Courts
- Local & National Law Enforcement Agencies
- U.S. Postal Department
- Harris County Sheriff Department
Forensic Psychiatric Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Family Law, including child custody
- Contractual Capacity
- Criminal Cases
- Testamentary Capacity
Workers’ Comp Injuries
- Federal Workers Compensation
- Texas and out-of-state Workers Compensation
- Chronic Pain Doctor without narcotics
- Defense Base Act Cases involving contractors’ injuries while working in war zones (Iraq, Afghanistan)
Dr. Covert was an expert in the:
- Farb case, a record divorce case and property division involving a prenuptial agreement ($28 million)
- The Sosa case, the #1 Jones Act case ($56 million)
- The O’Brien case, the #1 child sexual abuse case ($26 million)
- The Ramona Johnson case, the #1 BK amputation case ($5 million)
- The McGill case, involving post-divorce embryo implantation that went to the Supreme Court ($1 million attorney fees).
Call Dr. Covert for an assessment of his possible role as an expert witness in your case.